Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankstaking

Ah, Black Friday. When we follow "I have so much!" up with "I want more!". More like BLEAK Friday, amirite?
In any case, though I did not rabidly consume at four this morning, in the spirit of this day, I would like to say, "I want more!" I want more condoms used more frequently, and I want more birth control heroes making more medicine that is available to more people. (Though I can't say I want more ovaries. Two is plenty.)
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have a lot to be grateful for. I have as many condoms as any virgin could ask for (more, in fact). I have the shoulders of Margaret Sanger to stand on and a pair of ovaries that seem to be working very well indeed. But what does this mean? Those of us who have these things, I think, also have a duty to make sure that other people have them as well. So remember, on this day of ingratitude, to demand higher standards for reproductive healthcare and education for everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment